The INSPIRE partners are committed to work closely with airlines and other stakeholders in the region in order to:
- accelerate the development and implementation of operational procedures to reduce the environmental footprint for all phases of flight on an operation by operation basis, from gate to gate;
- facilitate world-wide interoperability of environmentally friendly procedures and standards;
- capitalise on existing technology and best practices;
- develop shared performance metrics to measure improvements in the environmental performance of the air transport system;
- provide a systematic approach to ensure appropriate mitigation actions with short, medium and long-term results; and
- communicate and publicise INSPIRE environmental initiatives, goals, progress and performance to the global aviation community, the press and the general public.