On 7th March 2011, INSPIRE was established in joint partnership between air navigation service providers Airports Authority of India, Airservices Australia, and ATNS of South Africa.
The INSPIRE partners are working closely with a number of peer organisations. The success of the initiative is reliant on the contributions of these peers. The INSPIRE Peer Organisations are:
- Abu Dhabi Airports Company
- Abu Dhabi Department of Transport
- Airport and Aviation Services Sri Lanka Limited
- Directorate General of Meteorology and Air Navigation, Sultanate of Oman
- Dubai Air Navigation Services
- Dubai Airports
- Maldives Airports Company Limited
- UAE General Civil Aviation Authority
Other ANSP organisations are encouraged to contribute to INSPIRE as peer organisations.